Table of Contents
Are you deciding that you’d like to put in new carpeting in your home? It is important to prepare to remove the old carpets. Be aware that your local garbage firm might not be able to remove old carpenters. Instead, it would be best if you allowed our junk experts to handle it for you.
We’re The Best Company Offers Carpenter Disposal Services
You can always trust us as we can dispose of any domestic junk. Apart from getting rid of appliances and electronics, and wood, we also take care of the removal from your flooring. If we can, we’ll take it away and ensure that it’s recycled. We’ll do our best to eliminate the carpet in an eco-safe manner.
Pulling Up Carpet
The process of removing your old carpet can be easy. You’ll have to forcefully move it until it comes free of the tack strip. It’s recommended to use pliers as this makes it much simpler. After you’ve loosened the carpet on one side, you’ll be able to lift it using your hands. Make sure you break it up into smaller pieces, which will help you get it out in the future.
Removing Carpet Glue
- It’s good to begin by scraping the glue using a razor or scraper.
- To soften the glue that is difficult to remove, it with a steamer or hot water.
- After the glue has softened and you are ready to remove it, scrape it off with the scraper.
It is possible to follow the steps mentioned above until the glue has gone.
Getting Rid Of The Carpet Tack Strip
After you’ve completed the above steps, you’ll have to take action regarding the carpet strips of tack. Be cautious, as you could be stabbed by nails quite easily.
- Find the nail head to ensure you can locate the strip of tack.
- Please make use of a pry bar or hammer, and then place it on the flooring between it and the strip.
- Hit with a hammer the opposite end of the bar.
- After you’ve completed this, you’ll see the nail appear. Take the nail off.
- Continue this process until the strip is removed by hand.
- Place the strip inside the bag.
After removing all tack strips, clean the area to rid it of any remaining splinters and nails.
Removing Carpet From Stairs
The removal of carpets from stairs will be more difficult. However, the procedure is similar. An adhesive strip probably snags the strip. This means you’ll have to remove it from the strip. Begin with a pair of pliers. After that, you can take the item using your hands. After you’ve removed it then, cut it into smaller pieces to allow you to remove it with ease.